Leslie’s Extra Sloppy Joe Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
1 can sloppy joe sauce (or use your own homemade sauce recipe)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 8.5 oz box of Jiffy cornbread mix
1/3 cup milk
This recipe is perfect if you need something to do with your leftover sloppy joes and if you have more than 1 lb. of leftover ground beef, then you’ll just have a thicker casserole!
- Preheat oven to 400
- If you don’t already have leftover sloppies, brown your meat and follow the directions on a can of sloppy joe sauce.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan with the prepared sloppy joe meat.
- Top the sloppy joes with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, prepare your cornbread by following the directions on the Jiffy box.
- Spread the cornbread mixture over the cheese.
- Pop your casserole in the oven, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Optional: For a little extra razzle-dazzle, dice up about ¼ cup of yellow or white onions and ¼ cup of your favorite kind of peppers and stir them in with the corn bread mix.